Mapillary United States Regional Privacy Notice
Last Updated: December 29, 2022
About this Notice
When we say “Personal Information” in this Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked with you, directly or indirectly. Personal Information does not include information that cannot be reasonably linked to you. When data is deidentified (as defined under the U.S. Privacy Laws), we maintain it in deidentified form and do not attempt to reidentify the information.
How we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information
The information we collect, use and disclose about you will vary depending on how you interact with Mapillary. Here is a summary of:
- The categories of Personal Information we may have collected about you over the past 12 months
- How we may use your Personal Information
- To whom we may have disclosed that information
Categories of Personal Information we collect may include:
- Characteristics of protected classifications,
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browser and app logs, content you view or engage with, and app, browser and device information;
- Location-related information;
- Visual information including images and mapping content;
- Professional or employment information;
- Education information;
- Information derived from other Personal Information about you, which could include your preferences, interests, and other information used to personalize your experience;
- Other information you provide; and
- Precise geolocation information, which may be considered Sensitive Personal Information under U.S. Privacy Laws.
Examples of how Personal Information may be used include:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, including to improve the technology and algorithms that power our Services, and to develop new products and services;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and investigate content flagged by users;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events we or others offer and provide information that we think will interest you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Facilitate contests, challenges, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Mapillary and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Parties with whom each category of Personal Information may be disclosed include:
- Other Mapillary users and the public for any content you post publicly on our Services;
- Integration partners, such as Mapbox and OpenStreetMap, if you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services;
- New owners in the event of a change of ownership or control of all or part of our products or their assets changes;
- Vendors, companies, and affiliates that provide services to us, including services for web hosting, image blurring, annotation and processing, email delivery, and customer service. Such sharing occurs between and among Mapillary and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- Law enforcement or other third parties in connection with legal requests, to comply with applicable law or to prevent harm.
Sources of Personal Information
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We keep content you have posted to the Services (like imagery you share, forum posts, or comments you post about other users’ content), but upon request, we can remove your username and other identifying information from this content. We keep other Personal Information for as long as we need it to provide our services, comply with legal obligations, or protect our or other’s interests.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the U.S. Privacy Laws?
Depending on where you live and subject to certain exceptions, you may have some or all of the following rights:
- Right to Know: The right to request that we disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices.
- Right to Request Correction: The right to request that we correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you.
- Right to Request Deletion: The right to request that we delete your Personal Information that we have collected from or about you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your privacy rights.
To submit a request to exercise your rights, and as applicable, to appeal a consumer rights action, please visit this webform.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our products, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases, we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID.
Under certain U.S. Privacy Laws, you may also designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request, we may need to collect additional information, such as a government issued ID, to verify your identity before processing your request to protect your information. In most cases, we will facilitate your request through automated tools available through your password-protected account.
For information on the CCPA requests we have received, please see here.
Contact for more information
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under applicable U.S. Privacy Laws, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.